Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

I am an ex.  I have an ex.  What is it about exes that they are always jerks?  I don't get it.  I mean.  I can even see how my ex sees me as a jerk, and I ACTIVELY TRY to be nice and supportive, despite the crap I am constantly being put through... 

The gospel teaches us to forgive, and I can say that I have forgiven my ex-husband for the hurt he has caused me and my children.  Unfortunately, once (or twice, or even three times) does not cut it when it comes to forgiveness.  We have no choice on this matter.

" I, the Lord, will aforgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to bforgive all men."
 Doctrine & Covenants 64:10

So, we must continue to forgive, just as we continue to hurt.  Sometimes this is a daily process.  As we kneel and ask for forgiveness from our Father in Heaven, we humbly offer forgiveness in our own hearts.  Sometimes it is even more often.  We forgive them.  We forgive ourselves.  We grow.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to grow and better myself.  I'm grateful to have six children who are watching my every move.  I'm grateful I can imperfectly show them what it means to live righteously.  I'm grateful to see them learning.

We started in our new ward today.  All seven of us sitting in the second row, being introduced to a congregation of about 100 and the conductor mentioned that there were clearly a lot of visitors today!  I can't count the number of people who came up to welcome us, introduce themselves, take my number, give me theirs.  I am overwhelmed by the support I felt in a ward that one of its members described to me as "not very welcoming."  We were embraced with OPEN ARMS.  Heavenly Father truly loves each and every one of us.  I felt His Love today.

My favorite talks from conference...

Families Under Covenant

Only Upon the Principles of Righteousness

Teaching Our Children To Understand

I know I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. If a member told you they were not very welcoming and you were welcomed with open arms, then I can't help but to believe that it is not an accident that your family began it's introduction today of all days. What a great introduction to your new family on Easter morning! This is exactly how god works!

    ReplyDelete