Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter - Part 2

I feel it a challenge to come up with appropriate titles for my posts.  I suppose I could call them all "Gratitude" but then that doesn't really distinguish one from another - I've realized it helps to be able to distinguish them.  So, especially when I am posting more than once in the same day...  I struggle to be clever OR creative.  Sorry, folks.

After our Easter Sunday at church, we went to my Mom's for family time on Easter.  Normally they don't really "do" Easter (I cannot remember the last time we got together for this holiday!) but I am guessing the Grandparents were welcoming an opportunity to invite the grandkids over (not for babysitting purposes...)

I love my family.  I mean, I really love my family.  We (particularly my brothers and I) are loud and passionate, enthusiastic and entertaining.  There is always a lot of laughing.  My mother is usually shushing us and my sisters-in-law are almost always rolling their eyes at their spouses talkative ways.  We mock each other freely.  I think family gatherings were more difficult with my ex.  I had a greater tendency to judge others and to take their comments personally.  As my testimony has grown, so has my confidence, and so has my love and appreciation for these wonderful people I get to call family!

I got home just after 8, and FINALLY got the kids all to bed by about 9.  Rather than take advantage of the opportunity to get some sleep I decided it was a good time to straighten up in silence.  Felt really good to make that decision!  I straightened up the living room, moved furniture around, swept the floor, and eventually scrubbed the entire wood floor (living room, entry way, hallway.)  After that, I swept the kitchen and made a large dent in the stack of dishes that were waiting for me.  In the meantime I washed and dried two loads of laundry.  As I was washing the dishes, I was reflecting on how nice it was to get some cleaning done - I was feeling so accomplished!  What had inspired me to stay up later tonight to achieve these extra tasks?  I wondered...  Then it hit me.  I drank 3 (caffeinated!!) sodas while I was at my mom's today.  No wonder I had this burst of energy and inspiration!!  Hmmm...  kind of making the case for me to get right back on the soda train, huh?  I had stopped to avoid the sugar and wasted calories, but part of me thinks it might be worth it for the extra energy!  Oh no!  Is this that slippery slope that they always warn us about?  I am just not sure.  More contemplation may be necessary...

Oh well, at least I got some cleaning done and wrote a(nother) blog post.  Feeling pretty positive.  Spring Break begins tomorrow with a trip to the doctors (for two of them) and then we all go to Knott's.  Wish me luck, even though

I know I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment